Last updated on November 1st, 2022 at 11:19 am
In this blog post we will talk about Godaddy Payment Methods India – what they are, their features, and why you should use them for your next eCommerce website.
The Indian economy is booming, and with this growth comes more businesses. This also means an increase in the number of people who are doing business online.
However, many small business owners don’t know how to accept payments online.
With so many payment options out there, it can be hard to pick just one!
Who is Godaddy India?
Godaddy is an American-based company that specializes in domain name registration and web hosting.
Godaddy has been around since 1999, but their services have expanded to include a number of different products including SSL certificates, eCommerce payment gateways for small business owners like you!
Godaddy Payment Methods India
Godaddy supports both;
- Indian Rupee Rs. (INR)
- United States Dollar $ (USD)
Currencies on their website.
Godaddy accepts the following payment methods in India;
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Union Pay, Amex, Discover, JCB, Diner’s Club, Maestro, Rupay
- eWallet: PayPal
- GoDaddy payment options: In-store credit, GoDaddy gift card, Good as Gold
- ATM/Debit Cards
- Cash Cards
- Mobile Payments
- Net Banking
Take note that payments via GoDaddy Gift Cards, Good As Gold, Discover Network, JCB, Diners Club International, AstroPay Cards, and any other designated payment types is only supported in (USD).
At the same time, local payment options such as using debit cards and other bank cards must be processed in the country’s or region’s native currency, which in this case is Indian Rupee.
Additionally, if you are going to do Godaddy payment in India via American Express and PayPal, remember that it will only support United States Dollars within select countries/regions.
Now, with that out of the way, let us look at how to add a payment method to your Godaddy account in India.
How to add a payment method to Godaddy in India
If you are looking to pay for a service on Godaddy in India, you will need a payment method.
As we have already seen, it can either be a credit/debit card or even an eWallet like PayPal.
Whichever you choose, follow these steps to add a payment method to your Godaddy account in India
- Heave over to GoDaddy Payment Methods page. You might be asked to sign in.
- Select Add Payment Method.
- On the next step, Billing Information, click Edit.
- Fill in your billing information as required. Once finished, click Save.
- It is now time to pick your preferred Godaddy Payment method in India. So, next to Card, PayPal or Checking, select the checkbox. (Payment options may vary by region.)
- Enter the required payment details, then select Save. You’ll see your payment method listed.
Now that you have added Godaddy payment methods in India, there is something you need to know.
If you pick PayPal as your Godaddy payment method, you will be prompted to sign in to your PayPal account.
And the payment method you select in your PayPal Wallet is what you will use for future GoDaddy purchases and even during renewals using PayPal.
In case of need, remember that you can change your PayPal Wallet payment method from within your PayPal account.